Japan Trip

HELLO HELLO, I AM BACK!

I would start my blog talking about my trip to Japan. The next post would be my KUBEPA report. My trip to Japan took me 5 days including transits in Australia and this is my very first solo trip ๐Ÿ˜†. A really helpful tip from me who made the stupidest mistake while booking my flight tickets, please check the transit time properly. Because of my own carelessness, I ended up having to transit for more than 12 hours in Brisbane before my flight to Japan and I had to book a hotel to stay for the night. I am truly lucky that my Australia visa is still valid at that time. TRULY LUCKY! 

First Day

I took the evening flight from NZ to Brisbane on the 4th of October. If possible, I would definitely take an earlier flight but unfortunately, I had to sit for a test that morning (which I passed but I am still frustrated that I didn't get the mark that I expected). FYI, I didn't realise my transit time was 16 hours until I had to check in the night before so imagine my frustration. I was quite mad at myself for not realising this. I booked a hotel at the last minute (before boarding my flight y'all it was crazy) and I had to take out my emergency savings ๐Ÿ˜ซ. Long story short, I stayed at a budget hotel near the airport and I didn't even get the chance to explore Brisbane city.

Brisbane 

Budget Dinner

Second Day

The second day of the trip!! I woke up around 4.30 to 5 am in the morning to make sure that I don't oversleep and catch my 9 am flight to Japan. When I got my boarding pass, I was so happy and I can't stop grinning the whole time because of my excitement hahaha. I got breakfast at the airport too. 

Breakfast at Brisbane Airport

The flight was about 9 to 10 hours and I was studying and sleeping the whole time throughout the flight. Oh, I usually would not complain about the inflight food but the vegan burger I got was so horrible that I ended up taking only 2 bites and stopped eating. It was really bad if I can't finish the food at all. That is the only complain I have for the flight. 

After 10 hours, we finally landed in Narita Airport ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’• It was an emotional moment for me lol. I actually reached Japan on my own after all that mishaps I experienced on the first day.

Narita Airport
The first thing that I did when I got out of the immigration is to get a sim card. Very important. I got the 7 days unlimited data but I think that I wasted my money for those because it is actually quite easy to get free WiFi if you stay within Tokyo so just get that sim card with 2GB data is actually enough. The airport staff was very helpful too when I asked them how to get to my accommodation. I ended up taking a bus directly to Omiya Station and it took more than an hour. It was so long!! I stayed in a capsule hotel near Omiya station because KUBEPA's venue is nearby. With my limited Japanese language skills, I managed to survive Japan :') I am quite proud of myself at that point lol. 

I want to dedicate a paragraph just for my accommodation because it was truly amazing. Seriously amazing! I was already expecting my sleeping space to be small because it is a capsule hotel but I actually have space to put all my luggage in my "capsule". I even have a TV woo. They also provide everything for me; the towels, the pajamas, and the showers are all provided with shampoos, conditioner and shower gels. I shouldn't have brought my own towel and toiletries if I knew about this. The toilets too. My friend was totally not exaggerating when she said the toilet is amazing ๐Ÿ˜‚ The automatic bidet and the best of all, the heated toilet seat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ‘. Nothing can beat the toilets in Japan guys. Even the public toilets are so clean.

My "capsule/room"

Third Day 

The third day! Sunday! It was the day of KUBEPA!!! I got up at 4.30 for my morning prayers and I could not sleep in after that because I was too excited for KUBEPA. I keep checking Twitter for official updates and bought rice and boiled eggs from the nearby Family Mart for breakfast. I didn't take pictures because I was too hungry and forgot about it ๐Ÿ˜‚ 

I met up with my friend (shout out to Hattie for helping me get my ticket, bless you!) at around 11 am near the Omiya Station. The station is so big and it was a miracle I did not get lost there. The venue was about 5 minutes walk from the station. We actually followed people who have QUELL itabags to make sure we were in the correct directions lol. Seeing so many QUELL fans makes me excited but I can't speak Japanese so it was a shame that I can't mingle around. Thank God my friend was there and we were the only people who spoke English. We got to enter the hall at 12 noon but we entered quite late because I had to find a space to pray. The lines were so long but it was moving really fast. They were selling concerts merch in the entrance area and there are QUELL standees.. STANDEES! We lined up to take pictures of the standees and I bought the KUBEPA jacket that I had been eyeing ever since they advertise them on twitter. We entered the hall and guess what? We got the corner seat and on the 8th row. The 8th row My God. I can see QUELL clearly on stage wow. The full report will be in my next post :3

The live was only an hour and a half and I feel like it was too short. It was really short for me ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ I want it to be longer but I have no control over it huhuhu. 

At night, I went on a food hunt wee. My friend who lives in Japan recommend a ramen shop in Ebisu for me and I took a train to get there. The train system is pure hell. I actually had a hard time trying to figure out the system on my own but I actually reached the restaurant safe and sound and the ramen was worth it! It was so good. I managed to get back to the hotel in one piece and figuring out the train system was truly an adventure ๐Ÿ˜‚ Omiya station was so big and I really had to make sure I got on the correct platform and train too. Google Maps is truly reliable in this case. When I reached the hotel, my energy was totally drained and I was forcing myself to take a shower at that point before passing out.

Waiting ~

Kaarage Ramen 


Fourth Day 

 The fourth day of my Japan trip! I woke up really late on that day because I was so tired lol. Luckily I managed to check out on time. I decided to spend my last day in Ikebukuro. I took the train from Omiya to Ikebukuro and the size of the station is no joke.

Ikebukuro Station

Ikebukuro

Ikebukuro

I got myself pulled noodle or Lanzhian ramen for brunch.

Waiting again ~

More Ramen

I also went to Animate Ikebukuro and it was truly anime heaven. A building dedicated to anime fans. How cool is that?

Animate Ikebukuro 

Doujinshi section

I spent so much time there because I cannot decide on things I want to buy. I want to get a small-sized Shu's Lizz but it was sold out. The medium size was available but I want a small one to carry around. I ended up buying an Ichiru's Lizz and other Tsukipro's merch. I was there for about an hour I think.

SQ Starry Sky Polaroid and Pendant

Ichiru's Lizz. Welcome to the family ❤

I went back to the station and guess what happened? I got lost. In Ikebukuro station. I can't find the locker I used to store my bag. Then I can't find the correct platform to catch the train to the station that I was planning to go to catch a train to Narita airport. When I reached the platform, I lost my ticket. I was devastated at that point. I ended up asking the information centre and managed to buy a direct train ticket to Narita airport. I was there for more than an hour guys. I was so relieved when I managed to sit down on the train to the airport. Thank God I didn't cry at that time lol. 

My flight was at 8 pm and if you guys are trying to save money, do not, I repeat, DO NOT go to the shopping area because I spent so much money there. My money ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ I was buying souvenirs that I forgot to buy for my friends and family there. 

When I got on the plane, I was sleeping the whole flight after I got my dinner and watched some lecture recordings lol. 

Fifth Day 

I started my fifth day on the flight lol. I reached Melbourne airport at 8 am in the morning and tbh, I was really sick at this moment. My head was so heavy and my cough and flu were not helping at all. I spent the day at the airport studying, playing with my phone and wandering around the airport before my flight at 6 pm.

Hot chocolate

Vegan food for lunch

I passed out on the flight to NZ lol. The only time I was awake was to eat. I don't have any energy to spare at that moment. Reached Auckland around 11.30 pm and got back home at 1.30 am in the morning.

It was a really long journey but I don't regret it at all. It was memorable for me because this trip was my first solo trip and I also got to meet QUELL. I will never forget this experience. Ever! The next post is my KUBEPA report so do look forward to it! Ciao!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KUBEPA 2019 Report

SQ「CARDS」Series Volume 3 QUELL「HEART」PV : Reaction

Readyyy 2020 Costumes + Reaction