Game review: The Prison Boys App

Hey guys! This would be my first ever review and I choose a game that I'm recently hooked up with which is The Prison Boys. It's a mobile app which is a mix of mystery novel and escape game and can be downloaded in Google Playstore for free.

Screenshot of the game's start page


The game is set at the end of Taisho Era and revolves around Akatsuki Tetsu, the main character who wants to discover the truth behind an incident that happened in 12-Story Prison which is the hub of the secret police in that era. Please be reminded that this is a fictional work so you would not find it in history books etc. I would not reveal the whole plot here as that would totally spoil the game.

Moreover, the background music for this game is simply amazing. It totally fits the mood in every scene although some people may find it creepy (exp: my friend who declared she would not play it because it looks creepy  -_-  ) Don't judge a book by it's cover people. You may not know how many great things you would have missed because of that.

As I mentioned earlier, this game is a mix of mystery novel and escape game thus there would be stages where you have to solve puzzle. I love these stages because it is actually quite challenging and some stage took me a lot of time to solve too. If I feel like it I may share the playthrough for these stages but in the meantime, I would just leave it first.

There are also hidden character cards in some stages and these cards have the character's profile in it. I actually haven't collected all of it yet but I am halfway through of completing my collections. To play a chapter, a ticket would be needed. However if the chapter had been played before, no ticket is required to play it again and that was the best part about this game. Overall, I really enjoy the story and the mystery this game offers me. I also found a lot more games by this developer but unfortunately, the other games are in Japanese. I hope they would actually have an English version of the other games too because good things need to be shared right.

Obviously I haven't finished all chapters yet but I am
trying my best to complete them

Ciao guys. Hope that anyone who read this would actually give a try and good luck! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KUBEPA 2019 Report

SQ「CARDS」Series Volume 3 QUELL「HEART」PV : Reaction

Readyyy 2020 Costumes + Reaction